Backpack equipment for hitchhiking and travelling. It needs to be lightweight, small and functional. This is the travel gear I took for my hitchhiking trip.
Lightweight equipment for hitchhiking and travelling
What lightweight equipment for hitchhiking did I take? All the travel gear below I took in one backpack for my hitchhike trip in 2019.
- Backpack: Nomad Batura 55L Phantom
- Tent: Naturehike Cloud-Up 2 tent
- Sleeping bag: Cumulus Lite Line 400
- Sleeping mat: Thermarest NeoAir Xtherm Max
- Sheet bag: Lowland Silk sheet bag
- Gas bottle: Coleman Self-Seeling
- Small Gas burner: Naturehike
- 2x Cooking pan
- Small drone: DJI Spark Drone
- Small and lightweight camera: DJI Pocket
- Laptop + charger
- Smartphone: Xiaomi Pocophone F1
- Solar charger from Suaoki
- Power bank
- Water filter
- Universal world charger
- Foldable daypack Naturehike
- Jacket: The North Face Venture 2 Jacket – About €110
- 3x T-Shirts (Tees)
- 2x Long sleeve tees
- 1x Fleece Sweater
- 2x Jeans
- 2x Shorts
- 1x Swimming short
- 7x Underwear
- 4x High socks
- 4x Low socks
- Shoes: Nike ODYSSEY REACT SHIELD
Cheap, small and lightweight equipment for backpacking
What are the most important requirements for my travel gear? And what did I take?
I am Dutch. Which means I don’t want to spend too much. So my equipment needs to be quite cheap. Although I like cheap, sometimes I need to pay more to get good quality.
For instance, I pay more for lightweight and small size products. It is important to save on weight. In the end, you need to carry every extra gram (or ounce) yourself.
Last but not least, the equipment for backpacking and hitchhiking needs be small. When hitchhiking you mostly want to keep your backpack as small as possible. This increases the chance of getting a lift.